While the Nexus 5 is the only new Nexus device that was launched by Google alongside Android 4.4 KitKat, new reports have detailed new alleged Nexus 8 sightings and a Nexus 12 tablet concept.
Meet the Nexus 12 dream
From the start, we’re going to tell you that this is a concept, imagined by an Android fan who posted the render above on DeviantArt, right next to some specs for the device.
We’re looking at a 12-inch fantasy tablet that would be made by Asus for Google. Let’s see what TheTechnoToast imagined for the tablet when it comes to hardware:
- A 12-inch screen with a 5120×3200 Gorilla Glass 4 capacitive touch screen at 503 pixels-per-inch
- 4GB of RAM (expandable to 6GB)
- A 2.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000
- Android 4.5 Kit Kat (an incremental upgrade to 4.4)
- A 3MP front facing camera
- A 13MP back camera that can shoot up to 4K
- 5 powerful neodymium magnet speakers on either side of the device
- Windows RT and Chrome OS Ready (multi-boot)
- Optional official pre-root with partnership with the creators of SuperUser and Cyanogenmod
- All tablets shipped with 4G LTE ready chips
- And then the usual stuff (NFC, Bluetooth, etc.)
Again, this is just a concept, and while it looks lovely on paper – not to mention that many potential tablet buyers would love to get their hands on such a product – we’ll have to wait a while to see something like this hit stores.
Speaking of things looking good on paper, suggested pricing for such a high-end device sounds too good to be true, but since it’s a concept, we’ll show it to you anyway: £200 for 32GB (LTE-enabled), £280 for 64GB (LTE-enabled), £360 for 128GB (LTE-enabled).
When it comes to real products, we’ll remind you that Samsung is expected to launch a 12-inch Galaxy Note Android tablet at some point in the future, while Asus has been rumored to work on a 10-inch Nexus 10 (2013) tablet for Google.
Source: Android Authority